This is a new programme at The Golf Academy Borneo. Fraser Pook, Junior Golf Specialist, initiated this programme to give every schoolchild in Sabah, Malaysia an opportunity to try golf.
The programme with ‘partner schools’ develops core skills and attributes for students which complement their regular school education: Golf requires a number of key physical and mental skills to succeed such as focus, control, physical coordination skills, patience to name a few. And, the game of golf also instils values which build character and last for life: sportsmanship, an understanding and appreciation of etiquette and standards of behaviour and, ultimately, respect for the game and its values. And, let’s not forget how much fun and enjoyment the game can give!
- 10 week programme, 1 hour per week
- For 10 years old and above
- Covering all aspects of the game – putting, chipping, pitching, bunkers, full swing, driver/woods
- Programme is conducted at Sutera Harbour Golf and Country Club
- The programme can be included as part of the school curriculum or as an extra-curricular activity.
More information on the programme or to discuss implementing the programme to your school please contact us